"Messenger of the Gods". Introduced in 2004, this is a semi-hollow body, two-pickup electric guitar. This compact electric guitar is 14'' at the lower bout. It features a solid ebony bridge and tailpiece for a surprisingly rich, complex sound in a durable package.
Also available in Nouveau and Solid-Body models (see below).
- 14'" body width
- 1 3/4" depth
- "Flying Chevron" fingerboard inlays
- Multi-ply wood body binding
- All scale and nut configurations
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- Solid Curly maple back
- One-piece mahogany neck
Built from hand-selected Quilted Maple and Mahogany this is a real rock machine.
- Duncan Custom-Shop Pearly Gates pickups that gives this guitar clear articulation and beautiful grind at performance volumes
- Schroeder Wraparound tailpiece which gives perfect intonation and endless sustain
- 6-position Freeway pickup selector that delivers the 3 classic Gibson tones plus 3 split-coil options for a more versatile guitar
This Mercury was designed for the modern player that needs a responsive, lightweight guitar for live performance.
- USA-Built Schroeder Wraparound tailpiece to give infinite sustain and plenty of punch
- Lollar P-90 pickups standard
- Frailin Hum-Canceling P-90s are available instead of the standard pickups (Lollar P-90) where noise is an issue